Monday, November 21, 2011

What should I study if I want to become a beauty editor?

I have been a makeup artist for 13 years and I want to write for a magazine. I don't know where to start!What should I study if I want to become a beauty editor?
If you are interested in writing for a magazine, you will need to major in journalism at a four year college. Your specific area of interest would be writing. There you will take many courses in print journalism which will help you to become a better writer and have a chance at landing a job with a magazine. Writing for a magazine is very competitive so you should try to get as much experience as possible such as summer internships. What should I study if I want to become a beauty editor?
You need to study journalism, but you can get your start contributing articles or doing a column for free at an online magazine. Check out www.hilary.com and send them an email saying you want to contribute or do a daily column/blog. Great exposure and easy/fun to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment