Monday, November 21, 2011

How distorted is the perception of beauty?

Everyone has an idea of how beautiful we consider a person, do you think our perception of beauty is significantly distorted?


and why?How distorted is the perception of beauty?
What ';beauty'; turns out to be is symmetry in facial structure and what is most healthy in body types. Our brain seeks such things in partners for reproduction. Advertizers have to work very hard to manipulate that image for their own purposes.How distorted is the perception of beauty?
I think women have a really distorted perception of beauty. I spend a lot of time talking about the modern woman (sort of basing my studies on this---Masters in Sociology). In my studies/conversations with older generations, the modern woman has drastically changed. Not only do their thoughts of beauty differ, but their own self perception differ dramatically. Women today have such a warped ego/self-worth that even women that most people would crudely rate 5's %26amp; 6's out of ten (if we are to rate someone that way) think of themselves as 9's. Sick, really. The ';princess syndrome'; in modern women has reached a tipping point.
Yes I do.





Times have changed. Styles have changed. So naturally, our idea of beauty have changed.





And personally, outer looks should have no say. We should look on the inside for beauty.





But sadly, as times have changed. So have the thickness of most people's skulls. They see only outer beauty and seek it instead of see who they really are.





So, most people have turned into carbon copy Barbie whores.
attractive makes you smile. children, puppies, young people.... it gives the impression of, everything is in working order, there's still time... That's why sales adds use young beautiful people all the time.


They sell it in the way that youth is perfect, and if it's not perfect there's time to fix it.





They use Ethiopian children that are skin and bone to make us feel guilty into giving up money.





It's all about have the best of everything. the man or woman on your arm looks better than the one on your arm... there fore I must be more successful at something.





I don't believe in it. I go to work everyday with my hair up and hardly any makeup on...... the price I pay is that I'm single and people move out of the way when I'm walking through a crown. I'm OK with that, dressing better and looking better does not make me a better person :)
Most of what you are talking about is Due to the Media!!! The Hot Babes, the Muscular Men, etc......... I don't pay to much attention to that! '; Beauty Is In The EYE Of The Beholder';!!!! A woman that I think is '; Drop Dead Gorgeous'; may Not be Attractive At All to Someone Else!!!!! True Beauty Cannot Be Distorted when Perceived with the Above Statement in Mind!!!
Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I think we each distort beauty in our own way. Or else we can say that we define beauty in our own way. The dangerous thing is allowing others to dictate what is beautiful.
highly.
Depends on if your talking about physical beauty or inner beauty. But I believe we are a bit skewed in our ideas of physical beauty. Its set at an unbelievable high standard by unrealistic people.

No comments:

Post a Comment