Monday, November 21, 2011

Do any of you agree with this regarding child beauty pagaents?

I just saw a picture of a child beauty queen in a ballgown and full make up, peroxide blonde hair, aged 7 years old. Do any of you find that quite vile?





I am not talking about kids painting their faces for fun or trying on their mum's (or dad's, for that matter) make-up while dressing up to play. I'm on about unfortunate children who don't get to be children, because their pathetic stage parents have them modelling from the time they can walk.





Am I the only one sickened by this?Do any of you agree with this regarding child beauty pagaents?
You are certainly not alone, it sickens me too. Why can't kids just be kids? Instead of being trained from the age of 5 to wear tons of make up and bleach their hair? It's not hard to see why there are more and more young girls out there with self esteem problems and eating disorders. I think it is quite revolting.





Playing 'dress up' at home, for fun, is one thing, and it's fine as far as I am concerned - but plastering little girls in make up and sending them out to make money from their looks is something entirely different. It is just plain wrong, in my view.Do any of you agree with this regarding child beauty pagaents?
It's the parents who push their children into things like this. They claim that they are doing it for the child but they are really doing it for themselves.
I think it's appalling!! Kids should be allowed to be kids and not dressed up like tiny tarts!!!!!!
No you are not. My sister in law used to do this with my niece. She is 9 now and about a year and a half ago she finally told her mom she hated doing it. When my neice was done for pageants she looked just like Jon Benet. It was haunting.
I think its disgusting. Little girls should be little girls and not dressed and paraded around to look like little women. There's something wrong with the parents that allow this.
I find it disturbing, I saw a documentary about these pageants a few months back and I was horrified. Little girls were dressed in bikinis and sexy outfits, they had spray on tans, full make up, false eyelashes and plastic gum shields to make them look as though they have a full set of gleaming white adult teeth (some of these little girls have teeth missing as they still have milk teeth!), they look like 30 year olds with child's bodies. Once the make up etc.. was taken off you couldn't recognise the child.





The mothers seemed to be more bothered about who won, and I was disgusted by some of their attitudes. These children are being taught to hide every imperfection at such a young age, many of them will grow up with complexes about themselves which will in turn lead to other problems in their lives.





It's sick and there should be a minimum age of at least 16 applied.
I'm so with you. It's a real pervo thing masquerading as cute. The parents are ugly, the kids scared, the people who watch indecipherably ill.





I look at that crap and I realize where the whole Britny child whore illness comes from.





It's one of our nation's uglier aspects: the destruction of innocence for lurid gain.





Sad really.
No you are not alone, its down right wrong and needs to stop. Parents that I think do this, should be investigated by social services.
I agree with Lorie. It is disgusting and disturbing. Child abuse is what it is.


But if there was no demand, there wouldn't be a supplier...
No - I am too and these parades ought to be banned - parents living through their kids and pervs hanging about - makes me want to vomit
No, you aren't the only one. I think it's disgusting.
it is disgusting and worse .....the parents force their kids into this arena (circus, whatever you want to call it) ...all i have to say is Jon Bonet Ramsey
yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa





i agreeeeeeeeee
no your not alone. it is not cool for the parents to put the kids into that BS. remember it's the parents that need to grow up.
I agree. I once considered asking my daughter to put my granddaughter in a pageant but I dismissed the notion without mentioning it. Everyone thinks (knows) their child is the most beautiful, the best, the smartest. And of course every child is. Why not just leave it at that?
It is disgusting and the parents have serious mental problems to put their child through that.I cannot conceive how anyone would want their child to be paraded in front of these weirdos who actually like watching them.


They should be banned and the parents charged with child abuse.
I think they are sick.
I find the whole business of child exploitation quite repulsive.


Children need to be children,not miniature versions of their Mothers.


It is almost similar to Munchhausen's syndrome by proxy,only the stupid Parents dress up their little girls like tarts, and then, of course, wonder why they develop severe mental issues when they grow up.
It is revolting and everytime i see them i wonder quite what the parents are thinking, they look like miniature barbie dolls, and i wouldn't do that to a child. What happened to letting them have fun and a proper childhood, time enough later on for that garbage.
I didn't realise just how much the belief that 'children should be seen but not heard' protected us, children should always have a guardian (parent type figure) looking out for them, but should never be made centre of attention outside the home. That was nurturing us and protecting us at the same time, allowing us to be children - play games, do silly things - have adventures, - grow up with glorious experiences behind us in safety. Thrusting children into limelight can damage - both physically and emotionally.
I am also sickened and they should be banned along with skeletons posing as ';models';
i find it disturbing and dangerous ,
yes it disgusts be also, parents interested in fame and using there children as dolls to get it, how sad is that.
Totally vile (and a few other choice words that get filtered out!)





These kids are also put under so much pressure by the parents to take part.





Don't want to sound melodramatic, but it is almost abuse.
i am in total agreement it is just awful............to thrust adult qualities upon a smal child is appalling............i have seen a documentry about these kids and find the whole thing very disturbing............remember the young beauty pagent girl who was murdered,,awful.......
I would think that it is up to the child. If my daughter wanted to be in beauty pageants then I would help her to do it. If the parents force it on their children then I agree that it is wrong but I remember my sister liking that type of thing when she was really young. I would hate to berate the parents for doing something that there child wants.
No you're not the only one.





It sends chills down my spine.
I don't agree with pageants at all. Kids should be enjoying themselves, up to their necks in muck, running about and letting their imaginations run wild.





It's bad enough you have to go through all that ';must look good'; crap when you're an adult, it's obscene to make a child go through it.
Its appalling. I saw you ask this on the USA Answers site. Found it hard to remain civil when that weirdo said they would prefer to see kids in makeup!
I am also sickened by this. It is different if you allow the child to have the freedom of ';choice'; if they were to do the pagaent stuff. Then the child can choose to quit whenever just like sports but yes i agree it is quite disturbing when parents force their childern into full blown beauty pagaents.
Whilst i disagree wit the exploitation of children you are only ';sickened'; because the PC world has told you to feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment