Monday, November 21, 2011

What is beauty to you is not beauty to the norm?

Of course we would like to think that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but is it really. More and more people change their perspective due to the media and the portrayed true beauty. Honestly if a girl wears no make up, ties her hair up in a pony tail and wears jeans and a t-shirt, she's the poster child for uglyness in this norm society we live in. She can't stay true to herself when the media, friends and family all push her so much, to wear some make up, wear a skirt, dress like a girl, you don't look attractive. We as humans tend to group ourselves with others, but it is hard to stand alone.





Just ranting, leave me some answers you beautyful people.What is beauty to you is not beauty to the norm?
yea exactly... i agree with u totally... the media are just reflecting the shallow mindedness of people today.. beauty to me is bringing out the confidence in you, not just by way of clothing or make up but by ur actions... u can say an exuberant personality is wat draws me towards beautiful things... yea, call it inner beauty or wat u will... to the ones who love u, u'll alwayz be beautiful... i dont give a damn about some third person and how he/she judges me cuz they dont know me a bit...





ps: i liked ur question very much..What is beauty to you is not beauty to the norm?
beauty is what on the outside it on the inside cuz you can't judge people by the way the look dress and work. It doesn't matter who you are and what you do. IT NOT WHATS ON THE OUTSIDE BUT WHATS ON THE INSIDE THAT COUNTS
WOW!!! You described me to a T!!! I have to say approaching 30, I still don't wear makeup, haven't dyed or highlighted my hair once and I wear Levi's, a t-shirt and vans the majority of the time!!LOL! It doesn't bother me, I don't feel pressured by society at all. Although I do have the occasion where I have to get all dressed up with all the fanfare. Those times are fun for me. I think if I did that the majority of the time it wouldn't be fun anymore. I found it funny that I read myself in this question! Beauty to me is, what's in your soul, reflected through your eyes. When you see someone and look them in the eye, their beauty or not, will reflect back to you. So genuine caring, compassion, kindness and all around good person-you will see it in their eyes.
oh wow, that was such a beautiful speeche....


I actually agree with you, too many girls are taking out loans to pay for a boob job or something similar.


We are confronted all the time with a percieved beauty and narrow minded, insecure people fall victim to this social construction all the time. I pity those who believe they aught to change thear appearance with make-up ect.


its actually quite refreshing to meet like minded people.


feel free to keep in contact if you like.
The longer you live, the easier it is to find beauty outside of what everyone else might tell you. We start to realize that the skin deep thing can only take one so far.





I've heard it said that beauty fades, and I wonder who would say such a thing. Perhaps it was a woman lamenting the loss of her tight, wrinkle-free skin or perky breasts. Or perhaps it was a cosmetics executive selling his wares to the image starved. But I believe that beauty grows. I believe that beauty flourishes as one finds strength in her or his own character.





Beauty exists within those who see the beauty in others. And you can certainly frame that beauty with glamour and glitter, but a masterpiece is still a masterpiece even with a broken, tired old frame... *smiles* or yes, a pony tail, jeans and a t-shirt.
To me, beauty is actually liking yourself for who you are, inside and out. Also, being beautiful is never letting anyone bring you down when they say that you're ugly. Beauty is whatever you think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment